About Me

My photo
Live Outloud! Let the world hear what you have to say! You can and do make a difference with your words. Seriously! You can speak life or death. You can write words of life or words of death. Life and death is in the power of your tongue! Speak life! Create life, health, and prosperity.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Poodle Kind of Love - A Free Verse Poem I Did for a Creative Writing Course

A Poodle Kind of Love


Speaks loudly with no words at all my poodle does.
Being the world’s second smartest breed,
Creative ways to express himself he easily finds,
Licking, staring, prancing and dancing...

Hook and loop Velcro he thinks he is,
No matter where I am, bed, couch, or chair,
Tis’ where he is, black curly hair stuck to me,
Hugging, snuggling, playing and entertaining…

Tail in full wag, legs flying through the air
Is how I am greeted every time I come home.
Five minutes or five hours, the greeting is the same,
Wiggling, whirling, twirling and jumping…

A greater love cannot we find in all the world,
Tis’ a poodle kind of love, freely, intentionally,
Unlimited, unmerited, unconditional, he is
Loving, adoring, caring and charming…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Cindy